HOW TO BE A TOUR GUIDE in TURKEY?
Private Istanbul Guide Blog Content
- 1 HOW TO BE A TOUR GUIDE in TURKEY?
- 1.1 1. AS A GRADUATE OF THE TOURIST / TOURISM GUIDANCE DEPARTMENTS OF UNIVERSITIES
- 1.1.1 2. BY SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OPENED BY THE UNION
- 1.1.2 3. HOW CAN GRADUATES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURIST/TOURISM GUIDANCE OF UNIVERSITIES BECOME GUIDES?
- 1.1.3 – HOW TO BE GUIDED BY THE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OPENED BY THE UNION?
- 1.1.4 How To Announce The Certificate Program Selection Exam?
- 1.1.5 Courses and conferences to be taught in the certificate program:
- 1.1 1. AS A GRADUATE OF THE TOURIST / TOURISM GUIDANCE DEPARTMENTS OF UNIVERSITIES
How to be Tour Guide in Turkey? According to the tourist guidance Professional Law No. 6326, it is guided in 2 ways.
1. AS A GRADUATE OF THE TOURIST / TOURISM GUIDANCE DEPARTMENTS OF UNIVERSITIES
2. BY SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OPENED BY THE UNION
3. HOW CAN GRADUATES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURIST/TOURISM GUIDANCE OF UNIVERSITIES BECOME GUIDES?
Graduates of Associate Degree, Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree programs of tourist/tourism guidance departments of universities and those who have a foreign language qualification apply for admission to the profession.C. in the annex to the petition, which also includes the identification number, they make it to the Ministry directly or by mail, along with the following documents.
a) certified copy of Diploma,
b) received from yds have not lost validity, at least at designated points in accordance with the relevant legislation and this document or equivalent document as determined by ÖSYM by the union or the score of equivalence provided under the supervision of the ministry original or certified copy of the document that is successful from the Foreign Language exam,
c) certificate of judicial record,
D) original or approved copy of the document indicating that it has completed the application trip,
d) Two passport photos taken in the last six months,
e) receipt of payment for the license.
A license is issued by the ministry.
– HOW TO BE GUIDED BY THE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OPENED BY THE UNION?
Authority to open certificate program and selection exam:
(1) considering the joint proposals of the Union and TÜRSAB and the needs of the tourism sector with the approval of the ministry, national or regional tourist guidance certification programs are organized by the Union under the supervision and supervision of the Ministry in the specified languages.
(2) The Union and TÜRSAB shall notify the Ministry in writing of their joint proposals on which languages the certificate program will be opened. The languages to be opened in the certificate program are decided by the Ministry, taking into account the needs of the tourism sector among the proposed languages, and this decision is notified to the Union and TÜRSAB.
(3) no institution or organization other than the Union may organize a tourist guide certificate program. The second paragraph of Article 7 of the law on regulators is applied.
(4) those who succeed in the selection exam are admitted to the certificate program if they meet the requirements of Article 6.
(5) in the absence of joint proposals of the associations and TÜRSAB regarding the opening of the regional certificate program, the Ministry shall determine the needs of the tourism sector and request the opening of the certificate program for the languages it deems necessary. The Union shall initiate the necessary procedures upon the request of the Ministry.
How To Announce The Certificate Program Selection Exam?
(1) certificate programs are announced on the official website of the Union at least one month before the date of the selection exam and, if necessary, through other communication channels. How many participants will be accepted in foreign languages and the program in which the announcement of the program will be done with at least a few participants, the program will be carried out in the province or provinces in which the national regional region or regions with which the rooms of the authority of which is not for the participant to be considered as surrounding provinces, program fees, and the time and place of admission is indicated by other considerations as required.
Conditions required for admission to the certificate program selection exam:
a) become a citizen of the Republic of Turkey,
b) be over eighteen years of age as of the date of application,
c) graduate from other departments of Universities other than the Department of tourist/tourism guidance at least at the undergraduate level, and those who have studied in foreign countries submit an approved sample of the equivalence certificate to be obtained from authorized institutions,
D) to have foreign language proficiency,
d) not to be convicted of any of the crimes counted in paragraph (e) of the first paragraph of Article 3 of the law,
e) Be not previously excluded from the profession.
Examination of applications and documents:
(1) the application is made to the Union in person or by mail within the period by filling out the form prepared by the union with the following documents.
a) Original or approved copy of the diploma, temporary graduation certificate or equivalence certificate to be obtained from authorized organizations for those who have completed their education in foreign countries,
b) four color passport photos taken in the last six months,
c) original or certified copy of this document for those who have a foreign language proficiency certificate,
D) original or approved sample of blue card with domestic and/or foreign settlement certificate belonging to blue card holders issued in accordance with Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901 dated 29/5/2009,
d) contact information and settlement document.
(2) in the application form of the candidates; t.C. they are required to fill out the sections (provided that they document their declaration later) that they do not have a criminal record with an identification number and do not have a condition that prevents them from doing their health-related profession continuously.
(3) during the applications made in person, the officer who receives the application confirms the fee by writing the name and title under the authenticity of the samples, provided that the originals of the documents, whose copies are not approved, are presented. The application form is checked and approved by the union official.
(4) during applications made in person, deficiencies that can be corrected instantly without the need for correspondence, deficiencies identified in documents sent by mail, as well as deficiencies identified later in applications made in person, are completed within seven working days without passing the exam application period. If the deficiencies are not completed within the given period, the application is rejected and the relevant person is notified in writing.
(5) candidates who carry the stipulated conditions and submit the necessary documents are given a photo Exam Entrance certificate organized by the Union. Those who do not submit this document together with the identity document are not taken to the exam.
(6) candidates who are found not to have the required conditions are notified of this situation in writing and these candidates are not taken to the exam. Applications of those who were found before or after the exam in which they made a statement contrary to the truth are considered invalid, they are dismissed from the certificate program, and they cannot claim any rights. According to the relevant provisions of the Turkish Penal Code dated 26/9/2004 and numbered 5237, a criminal complaint is filed with the public prosecutor’s office by the Union.
(7) the exam fee determined by the Board of Directors of the Union is taken from the applicants for the selection exam and the payment certificate is added to the other application documents.
Stages of Selection Examination and Examination Commission:
(1) selection exams are held in the following stages, respectively.
a) general culture,
b) foreign language oral,
c) foreign language written,
(2) Selection Examination commissions are established by the Board of Directors of the Union as follows:
a) general cultural Examination Commission appointed by the Union, if you have an exam in the last ten years established in the provinces for eight years a member of the summer tourist, which is made by two members of the University with tourist/Tourism Management a total of three members including one member from the academic staff in the department with principal determined by the same procedure composed of three members. In itself, the commission registers a member to chair the interview Examination Commission by electing the president.
b) a separate examination commission is created for each foreign language. The Foreign Language examination commission consists of three principal and three substitute members appointed by the Union. Commission members must have a certificate of receipt of at least 90 points that have not lost the validity period determined by the relevant legislation obtained from yds, or the same score from other language exams whose equivalence is accepted by OSYM. However, a certificate of foreign language proficiency is not required for members who have been active tourist guidance in that language for at least eight years in the last ten years, which will be assigned by teachers and teachers and the Union that teaches that language. English German French in languages other than the establishment of a commission is difficult to encounter, the commission can be created from fewer members, and the conditions in this paragraph are not sought.
c) The Interview Examination Commission consists of members of the general culture Examination Commission and a psychiatrist or a psychologist specializing in the field of Clinical Psychology, chaired by the chairman of the general culture Examination Commission.
(3) selection exams are conducted under the supervision and supervision of the Ministry.
(4) selection exams are conducted with the following principles and procedures:
a) general culture exam; history, geography, literature, general tourism information and current subjects are mainly done in the form of multiple choice test. The value of how many points each question has is calculated by dividing the number of questions by one hundred (100). A candidate who scores at least 75 out of 100 full points in the general culture exam is considered successful. Candidates who do not succeed in the general culture exam are eliminated and cannot take the foreign language exams and interview exam.
b) foreign language exam; first oral, then written. Candidates who score at least 75 out of one hundred (100) of the oral exam are considered successful. Candidates who succeed in the oral exam are eligible to participate in the Written Exam. In order to be successful in the Written Exam, it is necessary to get at least 75 points out of 100. Those who do not succeed in the Written Exam cannot participate in the interview exam. Those who have a valid foreign language proficiency certificate are exempt from the foreign language written exam.
c) interview exam, evaluation by members is done in the form of successful/unsuccessful and decisions are taken with a majority of votes. If the votes are equal, a majority is counted in the direction of the vote used by the president. The decision is written and signed on the interview form.
(5) exam questions are prepared by the relevant commissions and evaluated as specified in this paragraph. Other matters related to the work of the commissions are determined by the Union and the necessary measures are taken.
(6) oral exams can be recorded video and audio and stored for one year.
(7) if the number of candidates who succeed in the selection exams exceeds the number of certificate program participants specified in the certificate program announcement, the actual and reserve candidates are determined based on the ranking made according to the current total score obtained from the foreign language oral and Written Exam Results and general culture exams in admission to the certificate program. Replacement candidates are accepted instead of the original candidates who did not register during their term. Selection exam results are valid for the relevant certificate program. If the certificate program is registered below the minimum number of participants specified in the announcement, the rights of successful ones apply to the first certificate program to be opened.
(8) objections to Written Exam Results Are Made in writing to the Union no later than seven days after the announcement of the exam results. A new commission of the same nature is created by the Union for the examination of objections to the results of the written foreign language exam. The commission decides the objections no later than ten days, and the results are announced by the Union.
(9) candidates who succeed in the selection exam register for the program by paying the fee set by the Union for the certificate program and must continue the certificate program in the provinces or provinces where that program is organized. However, if a program of the same nature is opened by the Union in more than one province during the same period; if there is an empty quota in the program in the province where participants whose excuses based on the document are considered appropriate by the Union, Transfer Operations can be performed.
Courses and conferences to be taught in the certificate program:
(1) Certificate Program;
a) general tourism information and tourism legislation,
b) professional ethics and professional course,
c) history and tourism geography of Turkey,
d) General Turkish history and culture,
d) Turkish language and literature,
g) art history, iconography,
d) History of Religions,
h) general health information, first aid, health tourism, tourist health,
I) communication skills,
i) history of Anatolian Civilizations,
j) Turkish folk science and traditional Turkish crafts,
k) flora and fauna of Turkey, Natural History,
L) sociology of Tourism,
m) consists of museology subjects.
(2) the titles mentioned in the first paragraph of this article will be given as separate courses, and in addition to the courses, courses and conferences to be determined by the Union may be added on topics deemed current or necessary. The scope and content of the courses and conferences to be added are regulated by taking into account the characteristics of the relevant region or regions in the National Certificate programs and regional certificate programs.
Duration Of The Certificate Program:
(1) the duration of the certificate program is at least seven hundred course hours in national certificate programs and at least one hundred course hours per region in regional certificate programs. Classes are conducted at least five days a week and at least four hours of lessons of forty-five minutes a day. Conferences are held for at least two hours.
(2) however, it is under the authority of the Union that the program can also be completed before this time, provided that the program course time remains the same.
(1) participants are required to participate in domestic practice trips under the supervision and supervision of the Ministry in order to recognize and learn about the historical and tourist areas determined within the scope of the certificate program. Application trips are organized separately for national or regional certificate programs.
(2) The National Domestic application trip time is at least thirty-six calendar days, and the regional domestic application trip time is at least six calendar days for each region. A country practice trip can be divided into sections if the Union deems it necessary. Participants who fulfill other conditions by participating in all application trips are eligible to become a national tourist guide; participants who complete application trips at the regional level and fulfill other conditions are eligible to become a regional tourist guide for the regions where they are successful.
Principles and procedures of completion and completion of examination commissions:
(1) examination commissions for the completion and completion of certificate programs or application trips are established by the Board of Directors of the Union in accordance with the second paragraph of Article 8 of the regulation.
(2) the theoretical courses exam is conducted in the form of a multiple choice test consisting of question sections prepared separately for each course and conference specified in Article 9. Exam questions are selected by the Examination Commission from the questions to be prepared in the amount of three times the number of questions to be asked by the trainers who give theoretical courses and conferences, ten questions for each course and five questions for each conference. To be successful, it is necessary to get at least 75 points out of 100 full points from each part of the exam.
(3) foreign language exams are conducted first orally, then in writing. Oral and written exams are selected from theoretical courses in the certificate program or subjects related to the fields seen in the practice trip according to their interest. In exams, participants can be given the right to choose by giving more than one subject. Written and oral exam grades are calculated separately over 100. To be successful, each of the written and oral exam grades must have at least 75 points separately.
(4) those who do not succeed in the final exams may take the integration exam from the courses they failed on the date and place to be determined by the Union. The completion exam is held once within three months at the latest, not before one month from the date of announcement of the results of the final exam. Integration exams are conducted within the framework of the principles and procedures specified for the final exams.
(5) those who succeed in the final integration exam are given a certificate of achievement by the Union.
Admission to the profession and license:
(1) the title of tourist guide is earned by admission to the profession and the conditions in the first paragraph of Article 3 of the law are sought for admission to the profession.
(2) a license shall be issued by the Ministry to candidates who have the conditions of admission to the profession to be given to national and regional tourist guides. License, tourist guide’s name, surname, T.C. Identification Number, place of birth, date of Birth, national or regional tourist guidance, foreign language/languages, education status is arranged in a photo, stamped with a cold stamp and sent by cargo to the address of the person concerned or delivered manually to the person concerned. A sample of his file is also sent to the relevant professional organization.
(3) the profession is executed in accordance with the law, this regulation and the relevant legislation. Tourist guides may not engage in any activity or action incompatible with professional honor and reputation. It is essential that our country’s culture, tourism, history, Environment, Nature, social and similar values and assets are introduced in accordance with the ministry’s culture and tourism policies.
Obligation To Receive A Working Card:
(1) a work card is a permit issued by the ministry to tourist guides who have been issued a license, printed by the Union in case of their application and valid for one year by the chamber in which they are registered. Tourist guides who receive a work card are active tourist guides and can actually perform the profession.
(2) tourist guides who have lost the terms of membership in the room or have not fulfilled their obligations to the room are not given a work card.
(3) the working card is prepared by the Board of Directors of the Union, including credentials, with a photo and registration number on it, approved and delivered to the rooms by the end of December. The rooms deliver working cards, which will be valid for a period of one year, to the active tourist guides in January of the following year. Tourist guides who want to get a work card must apply to the rooms in November. However, in the first applications or applications for the transition from inactive tourist guidance to active tourist guidance, the work card is issued without searching for the periods in this paragraph. In these cases, the work card is valid until the end of January of the year following the year to which it belongs.