The museum which was built by the Ottoman Sultan Bayezid in 1484 is located in Edirne province. It was completed in 4 years and opened to the public. Commonly it is known that the architect of the complex was architect Hayreddin. However, there is no any record indicates him. For centuries, the complex brought up the doctors and the people were healed here. The complex has a mosque where even they producted candles and welcomed the people in the guest house.
The hospital section was one of the most important health center in the world that it had two surgeons and 2 ophthalmologists. Moreover, it is obvious that people who were suffering from eye disorders were cured in this place in the 16th century.
The complex serves as a museum and awaiting the people with its several exhibition rooms.